The U.S. Geological Survey published the following list of top U.S. aggregate producers in 2005, by production. These leading U.S. aggregate producers accounted for 46% of the total output of aggregates—crushed stone, sand, and gravel—in the U.S.
The estimated total annual production of aggregates in 2006 was 2.9 billion metric tons, down 1.7% from 2005. In the first quarter of 2007, crushed stone, sand, gravel, and aggregate production was down 20% compared to the same period last year.
For more information, visit the U.S.G.S. site
- Vulcan Materials Co.
- Martin Marietta Aggregates
- Oldcastle/Materials Group
- Hanson Building Materials America
- Rinker Materials Corp.
- Lafarge North America
- Holcim/Aggregate Industries
- MDU Resources Group/Knife River Corp.
- Florida Rock Industries*
- Rogers Group
- Ashland Paving and Construction (APAC)**
- California Portland Cement Co.
- Luck Stone Corp.
- Texas Industries (TXI)
- O-N Minerals / Oglebay Norton Company
- Granite Construction Company
- Mississippi Lime Co.
- Material Service Corp.***
- A. Teichert & Son
- Mathy Construction Co.
- Vecellio & Grogan
- The Dolese Brothers Co.
- Edw. C. Levy Co.
- New Enterprise Stone & Lime Co.
* Purchased by Vulcan, February 2007
**Purchased by Oldcastle, August 2006
***Purchased by Hanson, June 2006
Tables & ReportsTCP's Industry Leaders
U.S. Housing Markets reports
- Complete list of companies who responded to this year's survey, and the products they sell.
Hanley Wood Market Intelligence (HWMI) publishes quarterly updates on metropolitan area housing market data for the U.S. Full copies of these reports are available for purchase on the HWMI web site
- Excerpt of the HWMI U.S. Housing report referenced in the article
- Most recent HWMI U.S. Housing report