FARMINGTON HILLS, Mich. (Feb 11, 2014) – The ACI Foundation’s Strategic Development Council (SDC), a council of the ACI Foundation, is currently seeking nominations for its Jean-Claude Roumain Innovation in Concrete Award.
The award was established by SDC in memory of Jean-Claude Roumain, a long-time SDC supporter and executive committee member who passed away in January 2010.
Past award recipients include:
- Kevin Andrew MacDonald, Principal Engineer at Beton Consulting Engineers LLC, Prior Lake, MN.
- Neal S. Berke, FACI, Vice President of Research at Tourney Consulting Group, LLC, Kalamazoo, MI
- Arezki Tagnit-Hamou, Full Professor in the Department of Civil Engineering at the Université de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, QC, Canada
Nominees should be individuals who have met one or more of the following:
1. Have contributed to innovative developments in concrete mixture proportioning, production of concrete, andor concrete construction,
2. Have contributed to the improvement in the manufacture of materials used in the production of concrete, and used existing and new materials in innovative ways to improve concrete construction and serviceability, and/or
3. Used concrete in innovative ways to contribute to a sustainable built environment.
Anyone may submit a nomination, and the recipient will be recognized at the American Concrete Institute’s fall 2014 Convention in Washington DC, on Oct. 26, 2014.
Nominations must be received by April 1, 2014 to be considered. The nomination form, guidelines, and other important information about the Award can be found here.