The National Ready Mixed Concrete Association honored many at its Awards Breakfast at the associations' annual convention in Las Vegas on March 21.
- Richard D. Gaynor Award: Edwin Dunstan Jr., ERD Consultants, Brooksville, Fla.; and Ken Day, retired, Concrete Advice, Melbourne, Australia.
- State Association of the Year Award: Indiana Ready Mixed Concrete Association.
- National High School Essay Contest: Charles Jewell, Anthis Career Center, Ft. Wayne, Ind.
- William B. Allen Award: Thomas Chandler, chairman, Chandler Concrete Co., Burlington, N.C.
- Grassroots Activists Award: Karl Watson Jr., president, East Region, Cemex, West Palm Beach, Fla.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Frank Kozeliski, retired, Gallup Sand & Gravel, Gallup, N.M.
- Concrete Cares Award: Irving Materials Inc., Tennessee.
- Joseph E. Carpenter Award: John Carew, Carew Concrete, Appleton, Wis.
- Driver of the Year: Bob Lowery, Jack B. Parson Cos., Ogden, Utah; Runner-up: Dominic Giancaspro, Prairie Materials, Bridgeview, Ill.
- Fleet Graphics Award: First place, less than 25 trucks: Red Baron Supply, Lindale, Texas
More than 75 trucks:
First place, Concrete Supply Co., Charlotte, N.C.
Runner-up, Geneva Rock Products, Orem, Utah
First place, United Concrete, Div. of Manatt's, Elk Run Heights, Iowa
Runner-up, Ocean Concrete, Div. of Lehigh, B.C, Canada.
Second runner-up, Chandler Concrete, Burlington, N.C.
First place, Dolese Bros. Co, Oklahoma City.
Runner-up, Concrete Supply Co., Charlotte.
For more information, visit www.nrmca.org.