Do you know any great concrete artisans who haven’t yet applied to participate in World of Concrete’s Artistry in Decorative Concrete Demonstrations, Feb. 2-6, 2015, in Las Vegas? Tell them that to apply TODAY! The application deadline is Friday, Nov. 14.
If you have customers or work with decorative concrete contractors who may be interested in participating, please send them the attached entry form to fill out and send to Ken Hooker at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. To learn more, visit http://www.concreteconstruction.net/decorative-concrete/artistry-in-decorative-concrete-demonstrations_o.aspx or contact Ken.
A Great Opportunity for Sponsors!
Companies that sponsor concrete artisans in the competition can increase their exposure at the Concrete Surfaces Decorative Pavilion. WOC exhibitors who are sponsors may have representatives on hand at the Artistry Demonstration area, and may discuss with WOC attendees the products or equipment being used.
More About 2015 Artistry Demos
This year we are asking that each proposed project be accompanied by a detailed plan, including specifications that are as realistic as possible—in fact, the preference is that each artist work with an architect to develop their project. (An easy method would be to take a “snapshot” of an existing plan or project and use that for the basis of design at the demo.)
A few details about the Artistry Demonstrations
Here's what participants need to know.
• Participating artisans receive free admission to the World of Concrete.
• Hanley Wood will provide a slab or other concrete to the artist’s specification.
• A 10x10-foot concrete pad, electricity, and water will be provided but all artisans must provide their own materials, tools, and equipment. A lock-box for tools will be available.
• Any sponsorship arrangements between a sponsor and an artist are not arranged, administered, or overseen by Hanley Wood. Demonstration artist sponsors may have representatives on hand at the Artistry Demonstration area and may discuss with WOC attendees the products or equipment being used.
• Sponsors recognized at the Artistry Demonstration must be 2015 WOC exhibitors.
• Artisans may use and display any equipment or materials they choose. There are no restrictions on labeling of materials or equipment.
• The work must be created specifically for the WOC 2015 Artistry in Decorative Concrete Demonstrations.
• The first two days of the demonstrations will feature artist works-in-progress; the final 1½ days feature completed project displays. Artists selected for the Demonstrations will be eligible for either a $700 First Place or $300 Second Place Experts’ Choice prize. (For tips on how to win an Experts’ Choice award, visit http://www.concreteconstruction.net/decorative-concrete/how-to-win-an-artistry-in-decorative-concrete-award_o.aspx)
• Participating artists and their projects will be featured in Concrete Surfaces' January issue, on our website, and in our enewsletters; in WOC’s daily newspaper during the show; and in the WOC Preshow Planner and post-show coverage, including the WOC Daily News Post Show Review (Digital Edition).
The Artistry in Decorative Concrete Demonstrations competition is sponsored by ASCC’s Decorative Concrete Council.