Concrete professionals from all facets of the industry are invited to share their research, experiences, and accomplishments in advancing sustainable concrete design, manufacturing, and construction.
Abstracts are currently being accepted on the latest developments related to design, specifying, manufacturing, testing, construction, maintenance, and research of concrete as it relates to sustainable development. Topics include but are not limited to:
- RESILIENCE Planning and design that strengthens and renews the social and economic fabric of a community. Designing and specifying high performance applications in buildings and infrastructure, fortified building codes and community initiatives focusing on disaster resistance and adaptive reuse.
- LIFE CYCLE ASSESSMENT Assessing carbon footprint, embodied energy and other environmental impacts for buildings, infrastructure, and cement and concrete manufacturing.
- LOW IMPACT DEVELOPMENT Practices including pervious pavements and erosion control structures. Urban heat island reduction, light colored pavements, green roofs and cool communities.
- MATERIAL SCIENCE Innovations in durability, extended service life models and validation. Performance-based specifications to foster sustainability. Innovative concrete production methods. Alternative materials, including aggregates, water, cementitious materials and fuels. Beneficial use of byproducts for cement and concrete production.
- SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY Community action and engagement. Sustainability initiatives adopted by businesses, building owners, designers and manufacturers, including health and well being incentives and legislation.