Concrete producers don't have to be big to be important players in their markets. Many have become successful as strong local businesses. Although they may not be among the top 100 in revenue, there are other factors that define a “Producer to Watch.”
To borrow a phrase from the real estate industry, three things are critical: location, location, location. Most of the producers on this list are located in areas identified by Hanley Wood's Market Intelligence as the “busiest” and “hottest” markets for housing in the United States. Others caught our attention because of their remarkable growth the last two years.
- Alta View Concrete Sandy, Utah
- Charter Materials Chino Valley, Ariz.
- Commercial Concrete Products Plant City, Fla.
- East-Texas Precast Co. Hempstead, Texas
- Harper Ready Mix Salt Lake City
- Kentucky Concrete, Inc. Cecilia, Ky.
- Nitterhouse Concrete Products Chambersburg, Pa.
- Spragues' Ready Mix Irwindale, Calif.
- Stress Con Industries Inc. Utica, Mich.
- Structural Prestress Industries Medley, Fla.
- **Exclusive Web Content**
- Main Article: Following the Money
- Producer Pulse: A glimpse into producers' thoughts on important issues
- 2007 Follows Suit: Mergers and acquisitions continue in the first half of the year
- Tops in Rocks: The USGS's list of top aggregate producers
- The 2007 TCP 100 List
- Outlook for 2007 and Workforce Concerns
- Investing in Technology
- Profits by Products
- Top Heavies
Tables & Reports
TCP's Industry Leaders
- Complete list of companies who responded to this year's survey, and the products they sell.
U.S. Housing Markets reports
Hanley Wood Market Intelligence (HWMI) publishes quarterly updates on metropolitan area housing market data for the U.S. Full copies of these reports are available for purchase on the HWMI web site