The concept of building resilient structures with concrete continues to gain momentum, as industry groups work to identify issues and set national policies. It will be a hot topic at several upcoming industry events, including:
- The National Institute of Building Sciences (NIBS) Annual Conference, Building Innovation 2013 with the Multihazard Mitigation Council Symposium Large-Scale Mitigation Planning and Strategies
- Jan. 7-10, 2013 in Washington, D.C.
- The National Council for Science and the Environment National Conference
- Jan. 14-17, 2013 in Washington, D.C.
- World of Concrete - Resilient Concrete Homes: Providing Safer Sustainable Communities, presented by Donn Thompson, Director of Market Strategy and Positioning, Portland Cement Association
- Thursday, Feb. 7, 2013, in Las Vegas
- Adopting Disaster Resilient Construction at the Local Leveldswedbyyvzwsuaycvvzybbuc, hosted by the Concrete Joint Sustainability Initiative
- Feb. 20, 2013 in Cleveland, Ohio
- Feb. 28, 2013 in Lake Mary, Fla.
Portland Cement Association's High Performance Building Requirements for Sustainability (HPBRS) program
Portland Cement Association's proposed amendments to the 2009 International Building Code
Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety's (IBHS) Fortified for Safer Living program