The Portland Cement Association (PCA) announced the recipients of the inaugural 2016 Resilience Leadership Award. These awards "recognize the projects, organizations, and individuals that have advocated, communicated, and showcased the benefits of durable construction and the importance of concrete in achieving resilience."
Here are the 10 awardees for this year:
- Individual Achievement: Dr. Ernst Kiesling.
- Community Leadership: Cate Hart and Daniel Wallach.
- New Public Buildings: Warren County Public Schools.
- New Commercial Building: North Central College.
- New Multifamily Building: Palermo Vista (Fleet Financial/Oakwood Construction and Development).
- New Residential Building, Gold Level: John Hoffman.
- New Residential Building, Silver Level: Greenhill Contracting.
- New Residential Building, Silver Level: Marie Quakenbush.
- New Safe Room Construction: Boy Scouts of America, Heart of America Council (H. Roe Bartle Scout Reservation).