What temperature drop is required and how much concrete must be cooled?
What's the most economical way to produce concrete at a maximum delivered temperature? This article provides questions you first need to ask.
Once you've answered those questions, you can evaluate your options. Some require little or no capital investment, while the capital cost for others is significant. Options detailed are:
* Cooling aggregate by evaporation
* Batching bagged or block ice
* Chilling mixing water
* Cooling aggregate with cold water
* Coarse aggregate cooling with chilled air
* Sand cooling with chilled air
* Cooling with icemakers
KEYWORDS: cooling concrete