To become the least risk vendor in your market, you need to make a commitment to a five-point marketing strategy. The following five points, if maximized, can reduce your risk to your customers.
1. Expertise and experience: the more experience you have in your business and industry, the lower your risk becomes.
2. Exposure: the larger your market share, the lower your risk. Gain exposure through teaching courses, giving seminars and other high profile presentations.
3. Initiative: this means using a proactive marketing approach to contact many people in order to gain a large customer base.
4. References: use satisfied customers to sell to other prospective customers
5. Marketing materials: high-quality marketing materials demonstrate the strength of your position to a prospect.