In-line with the convention theme, Innovation in Conservation: The Rise of Phoenix, the ACI Fall 2013 Convention will feature over 50 technical sessions and numerous committee meetings giving attendees the opportunity to earn Professional Development Hours (PDHs) towards their occupational accreditation. Topics will include Emerging Technologies and What's New in Curing Concrete; discussions on Innovation in Cooling Mass Concrete; and an introduction of new trends in Design and Construction.
Convention attendees may participate and help influence industry codes and standards by in any of the 300+ committees and sub-committees. A number of networking events will also be held to assist attendees in building their professional networks and advancing their careers.
Convention highlights include:
- Concrete Industry Exhibition, featuring new products and services from the industry’s leading companies.
- Two student competitions, including the Art of Concrete Competition and the Student Pervious Cylinder Competition. Both competitions offer students the opportunity to use their knowledge and creativity to produce the winning entry.
- Concrete Sustainability Forum VI which will challenge speakers and attendees to identify sustainability opportunities.
- International Lunch with Jorge Luis Quijano, CEO of the Panama Canal Authority, detailing his experience and contributions to the famous waterway project.
- Student Lunch where the winners of the student competitions will be announced and keynote speaker, Ryan Abbott, Sundt Construction, will address “The things I wish I had known about concrete before I got hired.”
- Contractors’ Day Lunch speaker, Ken Atha, Regional Administrator for Federal OSHA, will discuss current initiatives and activities of OSHA which impact the concrete industry.
- Concrete Mixer reception at the Arizona Science Center.
- Concrete Cares will expand awareness about cancer research and prevention, by encouraging attendees to wear pink on Monday, October 21st.
- The Opening Session where several individuals and groups will be recognized for their contributions to the concrete industry followed by the Katharine & Bryant Mather Lecture Series, given by H. Celik Ozyildirim.
The ACI Fall 2013 Convention will be held October 20-24, 2013 at the Hyatt Regency & Phoenix Convention Center. Reduced rate sleeping rooms are available at the Hyatt Regency and Renaissance Downtown until September 27th based on availability. Attendees who register for the convention by September 29th will receive reduced registration rates.
To learn more about the ACI Fall 2013 Convention, reference the program at a glance at www.aciconvention.org.