Concrete industry professionals who join the 3rd Annual World of Concrete Editorial Tour this year will have a behind-the-scenes look at the highway project that is literally changing the face of one of our country's most well-known historical landmarks—the Hoover Dam.
The Hoover Dam Bypass Tour will take visitors off the paved road for a unique view of the Colorado River Bridge being built about 1500 feet downstream from the dam.
A representative of Obayashi/JSM, the general contractor, will give a project update and answer questions. Representatives from Sika Corp., the tour's sponsor, will provide information about the concrete admixtures used in the project.
We will also tour the Hoover Dam Visitor Center, the power plant inside the dam, and the observation deck. Attendees will see a special presentation of the history of the dam's construction in the 1930s.
World of Concrete attendees can join the tour on two different days: 12:30 to 5:30 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 20, or 1-6 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 25. All who attend will receive a box lunch and a commemorative hard hat. Buses will leave from and return to Central Hall Door 9 of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Read other World of Concrete articles
- World of Concrete main page
- Looking to 2008 and Beyond:The Concrete Producer's Economic Summit
- Step Up to the Challenge: The Mack Truck Driving Challenge
- World of Concrete Exhibition site
- A Room Full of Believers: The Women in Concrete Luncheon Returns
- Start your Bidding: The Annual Concrete Industry Management Auction
- Producer Center: The ideal place for producers to spend time at World of Concrete