The National Ready Mixed Concrete Association is now accepting entries for its 2014 Kids Art Contest. In rounding out the 100th Anniversary of Ready Mixed Concrete in the United States, the theme for the contest is “The Evolution of the Ready Mixed Concrete Truck.” The contest is open to kids up to grade 12 who have a relationship to an NRMCA Member.
- All entrants must be related to or sponsored by an NRMCA member.
- Contestants are limited to one entry each.
- Artwork should be 100% produced by the entrant and be original.
- Entries may be in a medium of the artist's choice (oil, water color, pastels, pencil, pen and ink, charcoal, crayon, etc.). Entries can be a drawing, collage, painting, or other two-dimensional work.
- All entries must incorporate a ready mixed concrete truck in some manner – but should not be limited to a picture of a ready mixed concrete truck.
- Entries must be on 11"x 14" flat paper. We encourage artwork to be on good quality bond or drawing paper, or illustration board. Entries should not be framed or matted.
- For contact purposes please include artist’s name, address, phone number, age and grade, and the name of the NRMCA Member and their relationship to the artist on the back of their artwork.
- Entries must be post marked no later than December 31, 2013.
Entries will be divided into the following grade categories: pre-K; K-2, 3-5; 6-12. First, second, and third place winners will be selected from each grade category. Prizes will be awarded in each grade category ($100 first; $50 second; and $25 third place.) All entries will be judged only against others in their grade category. They will be judged on originality, effort, creativity, composition, and interpretation of the theme.
Winners in each category will be announced at NRMCA’s Annual Convention, March 1-3, 2014 in Las Vegas. Winning entries will then be auctioned off at the CONCRETEPAC Dinner & Auction to help raise money for NRMCA’s political action committee. Images of the winning entries will be used later in the year to create a 2015 NRMCA calendar and winners and the sponsoring members will receive a free copy of the calendar.
All entries will be displayed at NRMCA’s Annual Convention and CONEXPO – CON/AGG, and entries will be on display at NRMCA’s headquarters in Silver Spring, Maryland. NRMCA reserves the right to copy and modify any entry for reproduction. Entries will not be returned and may be used for future promotional opportunities.
Entries must be post marked no later than December 31, 2013 and should be mailed or delivered to:
900 Spring Street
Silver Spring, MD 20910
For more information please contact: Kerri Leininger at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 240-485-1159.