The deadline is fast approaching to nominate mixer drivers to participate in this year’s National Mixer Driver Championship. Applications for the 2013 NRMCA Mixer Driver Championship are due Monday, July 1, 2013. Entrants will be notified by Friday, July 19, 2013 and official invitations will be sent. Invitees must complete a registration form and return it to NRMCA, along with the entry fee, by Wednesday, July 31, 2013. In early August, contestants will receive final instructions, including a map of the Challenge Course and reference material(s) for the written exam.
Where:Red Rock Casino Resort and Spa, 11011 W Charleston Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89135
When: September 21-24, 2013 (Course Competition is Sunday, September 22, 2013 @ 7:00 am)
Who’s Eligible to Apply:
- Winners of State Association Mixer Driver Competitions: State driver competition runners-up are also encouraged to apply. (Drivers must be employed by NRMCA-member companies, see Note 3 below.)
- At-Large’ Entrants:NRMCA recognizes that some states do not host driver competitions and other states that normally sponsor such events did not hold them in 2013 due to economic conditions. Intra-company driver competition winners are encouraged to apply. NRMCA will review and consider applications for any member’s applicant, based on testimony by the driver’s supervisor. The number of at-large entrants invited will be based on the need to fill out the field of contestants.
- All entrants must be current employees of NRMCA member companies: If a State Association Champion is not a member, either his/her company can join mid-year allowing their employee to compete, or the State Association may forward application(s) for their 2nd and/or 3rd place winners.
- Additional Qualifications:All applicants must hold a valid Commercial Drivers License and current Medical Examiner’s Certificate (aka “DOT Medical Card”). Managers applying on behalf of their drivers tacitly agree that their chosen representative to the national competition has a clean driving and safety record and represents the company and the concrete industry in an exemplary fashion.
- No driver, regardless of qualifications is guaranteed eligibility:NRMCA reserves the right to qualify or disqualify NMDC applicants at the Eligibility Review Panel’s discretion.
The application form is available on NRMCA’s website.
For further information contact NRMCA staff person Karen bean email@example.com