In the midst of seminars and booth visits, remember to keep the Producers' Challenge on your schedule. The Mack Truck's Driving Skills Challenge and the John Deere Load America competition will transform the Orange and Gold lots, respectively, into an exciting exhibition of drivers' skills from Tuesday, Jan. 22 to Thursday, Jan. 24.
Mack Trucks' Driving Skills Challenge invites ready-mix truck drivers to navigate through a course of simulated situations they would encounter on a job. Drivers can show their expertise by maneuvering through parallel parking, tight turns, and stopping on a dime (or at least a painted line).
Front-end loader operators will have the same opportunity to prove their skills in the John Deere Load America competition. Drivers receive scores for their abilities to back up, park, and move various objects with precision. Some of the most expert four-wheel drive loader operators in the industry will compete for prizes each day.
For more details about these events, visit the sponsors' booths at the show. John Deere: C6269 and Mack: C5469.
Read other World of Concrete articles
- World of Concrete main page
- Hoover Dam Bypass Tour Returns
- Looking to 2008 and Beyond:The Concrete Producer's Economic Summit
- World of Concrete Exhibition site
- A Room Full of Believers: The Women in Concrete Luncheon Returns
- Start your Bidding: The Annual Concrete Industry Management Auction
- Producer Center: The ideal place for producers to spend time at World of Concrete