Next year's Greenbuild conference takes place Nov. 19–21 in Boston. For details, visit www.usgbc.org. In the meantime, you can learn more about the green movement and how it can benefit your business at World of Concrete, Jan. 22–25. in Las Vegas.
Six new, 90-minute Green Building seminars have been added to the World of Concrete education program this year. They are:
- Green Building and Sustainable Design: Impacts and Challenges, 10–11:30 a.m., Monday, Jan. 21.
- Opportunities in Pervious Concrete: Why, How and Where, 3–4:30 p.m., Tuesday, Jan. 22.
- How to Finish Floors Containing Fly Ash, 3–4:30 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 23.
- Sustainable Masonry: LEED Design and Energy Efficient Walls, 8–9:30 a.m., Thursday, Jan. 24.
- How CO2 Emissions are Changing our Industry, 3–4:30 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 24.
- Sustainability & Productivity: People, Process and Product Innovation, 10–11:30 a.m., Friday, Jan. 25.
Attendees will also have the opportunity to gain firsthand knowledge at GREENSITE, a new exhibit space in the South Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center dedicated to green building technology. Learn how our industry is making unique contributions to the green movement from contractors, producers, engineers, and designers who have successfully completed environmentally friendly projects.
Exhibitors will present cutting edge research in live presentations, videos, and displays throughout the show. To register for World of Concrete's green seminars and to learn more about GREENSITE, visit www.worldofconcrete.com.