CHICAGO – April 10, 2013 – The Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute (PCI) has announced its webinar series for 2013. PCI webinars are free of charge and provide continuing education credit including American Institute of Architects (AIA) Learning Units and National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) Professional Development Hours.
The 2013 webinar theme focuses on high performance precast concrete. Topics include structural and envelope systems, blast- and fire-resistant design, aesthetic versatility, and indoor environmental quality, among others. Upcoming webinar dates and titles are listed below:
- April 16 and 18: Design Unity: The Integration of Structural & Envelope Systems
- May 28 and 30: Building Survivability: Designing for Seismic & Blast Resistance
- June 25 and 27: Driving Profitability through High Performance Parking Structures
- July 23 and 25: It’s the Law: High Performance through Envelope Code Requirements
- August 27 and 29: Back to the Future: Relearning Passive Fire Resistant Design
- October 22 and 24: Artist’s Palette: The Aesthetic Versatility of Precast Concrete
- November 19 and 21: The New Sound of IEQ: Indoor Comfort & Acoustic Design
“The concept of high performance goes beyond sustainability to include performance on a life-cycle basis,” said Brian Miller, P.E., LEED AP, managing director of business development for PCI. “High performance structures are essential in meeting a variety of demands, from economic to environmental. Our upcoming webinars will showcase the versatile, efficient, and resilient attributes of precast concrete, as well as how precast concrete can help meet high performance goals.”
Webinars are offered four times during each month’s webinar week, enabling those in all time zones in the contiguous United States to view the webinar during their lunch hours. Additionally, PCI offers continuing education credit accepted in all 50 states. To view the schedule online and to register for upcoming webinars, visit www.pci.org/webinars.