This aggressive machine incorporates the Terex 1000 cone crusher that can accept an all in feed and features direct variable speed clutch drive and “on the fly” hydraulic closed side setting adjustment. A key feature of the chamber is an overload protection system with automatic reset that permits uncrushable material to pass through and be discharged efficiently from the machine. The feed-in box to the chamber is fitted with an ultrasonic level sensor that is calibrated to the feeder to ensure that the chamber is consistently choke-fed for maximizing throughput and minimizing crusher wear.
The standard 6.5yd³ hopper/feeder on the plant has been designed with a low feed-in height so that the machine can be fed directly either by primary crusher, excavator or shovel. A key feature of the hopper is the standard automated metal detection and a purge system that has been designed to protect the cone chamber and reduce downtime by removing metal contaminants via the purge chute.
Key features of the C-1540 direct drive cone crusher
· Fully hydraulic closed side setting (CSS) with electronic monitoring system.
· Fuel efficient direct drive transmission via a clutch.
· Hydraulic Tramp Relief System with automatic reset protects the chamber and minimizes downtime.
· Metal detection system on feed belt with ‘auto-stop’ protects the cone from tramp metal and the purge system removes contaminants from the machine.
· Advanced load sensing auxiliary hydraulics maximizes plant efficiency